The heart is the most important part of the human body. Our own habits can take care of our heart such as:
- Use less salt in your meal: Doctors recommend that the intake of salt for adults must be a maximum of 6g in a day. For children, it should be under 3g only. According to a cardiologist in Maryland, “Most of the deaths in the whole world are due to heart diseases”. Try to make a promise to yourself, not to use extra salt on the table, and reduce its quantity as much as you can at the time of cooking.
- Take less sugar: Too much sugar in your diet can also become a cause of heart disease. High sugar increased the cholesterol that affects badly on the heart. Do not take too much-saturated products like butter, oil, ghee, meat, dairy products, and processed food. Try to add skimmed milk to your diet instead of full cream. Steam or grilled food is better than deep fry food.
- Add fruits and vegetables to your diet: You can improve the potassium in your body by taking fruits and vegetables in your meal that helps in reducing blood pressure. Many other nutrients and vitamins are found in vegetables and fruits that help in improving cholesterol levels.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking is injurious to the human body. Doctors told me to avoid it. Too much smoking can become a cause for cardiovascular disease that can increase the risk of heart attack twice than a never smoked person. It damages the arteries in the human body as well as decreases the oxygen amount in it which in result raises the blood pressure.
- Eating fish keeps the heart healthy: Fish is good for heart health. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which improve the cholesterol level in the human body. For vegetarian people, they can get omega-3 fats in Spinach, walnut, soya, pumpkin seeds are a good source of omega-3 fats.
- Say no to alcohol: Alcohol affects the blood pressure in your body and can damage the heart muscles. If you are alcohol addicted then make it limited intake throughout the day.
- Workout/ Exercise: One can control his disease or avoid it by adding exercise to the routine. It helps in keeping a healthy heart.
- Control your body weight: By doing exercise and taking healthy food you can control your body weight.